- Are advanced tickets available for The Gatherings?
Advance tickets are now available for concerts that are part of The Gatherings Concert Series. As specified through the Gatherings' agreement with TicketWeb.com; tickets aquired in advance are non-refundable and carry a convenience charge. Information about advance tickets is available from the webpages specific to each concert. Ticketing is general admission. To ensure a decent seat, you are strongly advised to arrive at St. Mary's between 7:30pm and 7:45pm night of show.
Student Rate tickets are available at the door night of show. Please be prepared to present proper full-time student ID.
- Is the space where the Gatherings are held handicap accessible?
Yes, please park off of Irving Street (behind St. Mary's) and ask for assitance at the main entrance to the church.
- What is the typical duration of one of The Gatherings concerts?
A Gatherings series concert usually begins as close to 8:00pm as possible and concludes no later than 11:00pm, depending on the evening's line-up. On rare occassions, an artist workshop or discussion group will be held prior to The Gatherings, moving up the day's events start time to about 6:00pm. Also, if the musician featured at The Gatherings is scheduled to play live afterwards on STAR'S END radio, the music could be thought of as continuing long into the night.
- Is there an age requirement to attend The Gatherings?
No, all ages are welcome. The Gatherings is open to anyone interested in the music, community and unique experiences. The Gatherings audience is quite diverse with age being one of the variables.
Please be advised that The Gatherings is not the place to teach your children how to behave in public. As a responsible concert-goer, parent or guardian you should have done this in private (like at home where those around you will not be distracted or annoyed). Thanks in advance.
- Has any concert in The Gatherings series ever been webcast live?
Not as yet, although the Tech People at Nothin' But Net are working on this.
- What is the official policy towards audience recording (either video or audio) of any of The Gatherings series concerts?
Our official policy is that audience taping is only permitted with the permission of the artist. Any audience taping which does occur must be discreet and not interfere with other patrons' enjoyment of the concert. Spaced omnis would not fit this because running a mic cable across a row or the center aisle or using elevated mic stands would be a hazard and conspicuous.
All of the events in The Gatherings Concert Series are recorded, and most of these recordings are eventually aired on STAR'S END Ambient radio and/or released by the artist.
- What is the parking situation at St. Mary's?
For attendees arriving by 7:30pm night of show, there is ample street parking near the venue: 40th Street, Walnut Street and Spruce Street.
You are advised to please arrive early. As the night wears on, parking spaces on the streets of Philadelphia can become limited. The huge parking garage atop the Fresh Grocer Supermarket at 4001 Walnut Street is the most convenient to St. Mary's. The entrance is on Walnut Street.
- How can I help The Gatherings?
Thanks for asking. For now there are six ways you can make a positive difference to The Gatherings Concert Series.
- Come out to every event in The Gatherings series - The artists deserve your support, plus you will be part of an enriching experience
- Tell your friends - Word of mouth is by far the most significant way to bring new people to our unique concerts
- Show up on time - Get there well before 8:00pm so you don't miss any of the performance
- Buy our CDs: The Gatherings and The Gatherings vol 2 are compilations culled from recordings of past events. It's a really great album for your collection, plus the proceeds benefit The Gatherings Concert Series
- Volunteer - Ask one of the volunteers who staff the concerts how you can help out
- Donations - The Corporation for Innovative Music and Arts of Pennsylvania oversees The Gatherings Concert Series and is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Gifts to CIMA of PA are tax-deductible and help us continue our tradition of artistic excellence and quality programming:
CIMA of PA
PO Box 22
Upper Darby, PA 19082-0022
Thanks for reading the FAQ. Please submit questions about The Gathering Concert Series by accessing the Contact page of this website.